It’s pancake day so… I thought I would share with you the recipe for my most recent pancake stack. It isn’t 100% perfect but it did make some pretty delicious pancakes.
For the pancakes…
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 banana
- 50g buckwheat flour (or any other flour will do!)
- 15g My protein soya chocolate protein isolate
- 1 medium egg
- 100ml almond milk
For the toppings…
- Sprinkling of coconut
- A small handful of cacao nibs
- 1 tbsp of peanut butter
- 1/2 banana sliced (freeze the other half for a smoothie another time)
- Sweet freedom choc shot
- Simply blend all the pancake ingredients together (or use a mixer if you don’t have a blender handy).
- To get the circle shape I used two pans, one small circle one and another to flip them onto.
- Make sure both pans are very hot before you start cooking and that the oil is evenly coated. Once you begin, turn down the heat.
- When the pancake mix becomes noticeably more firm on the side facing you, give it a go and flip ’em!
- Can’t give too much direction here as it really does come with practice and timings all depend on how thick you like your pancakes so… good luck! (P.s. the first pancake is always the worst)
Enjoy a delicious pancake day!! If you make these pancakes please do let me know by tagging me @whygowithout and using #whygowithout so I can find it 🙂
For another protein pancake recipe click here!