If you follow us on Instagram you will see a lot of our home made granola. Shop bought granola is fully of nasties, often high in both sugar and fat – not what you want to top your yoghurt with. So here is our clean granola recipe. Everyone in the family loves it and everyone you live with will love the smell it makes in the kitchen when its being made!
- 150g gluten free whole rolled oats
- 100g whole pecans (or any other nuts you might fancy!)
- 50g dried cranberries (golden berries or raisins will do too)
- 5 tbsp of sweet freedom dark syrup (male syrup or agave will do too)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon (or more if you love cinnamon as much as we do!)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- A pinch of Himalayan pink salt
You will need one large mixing bowl, a wooden spoon and either a Tefal air fryer or two flat baking trays and an air tight container.
In the Air Fryer:
- Mix all the ingredients except the dried fruit in a bowl.
- Put it all into the Tefal Air Fryer. Cook for 7 minutes in the Air Fryer.
- Then add the dried fruit and if cooking in the air fryer and cook for a further minute.
- Leave to cool slightly then transfer to a storage container. When completely cool secure the lid and give it all a good shake. It will keep for around a week.
In the Oven:
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Put into two flat baking trays and make sure its compact by pressing together.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes on 180 degrees Celsius (fan assisted).
- Leave to cool slightly and then transfer into storage container. When completely cool secure the lid and give it a good shake. It will keep for around a week.
Enjoy! If you do make it let us know by tagging us on instagram @whygowithout.