So in my previous blog post I spoke of how I have decided to start eating less meat. As a result I am experimenting with more vegan recipes and this is the first one I am happy enough to share! This is an easy recipe that is quickly becoming one of my favourite lunches to take into UNI with me. The Quinoa and Chickpeas giving you a nice bit of protein while giving you plenty of carbs to help you stay full for the afternoon lull.
- 1 small sweet potato (100-150g)
- A handful of kale
- 40g uncooked quinoa
- 200g can of chickpeas
- 1tsp paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Sprinkling of onion salt
- 1tsp coconut oil
- Cut up the sweet potato into small pieces, and spray with some cooking oil. Roast the pieces in the oven at 180 degrees for around 10-15 minutes (until softened and browning).
- Cook the Quinoa on the hob, following instructions on the packet (should take around 10-15 minutes).
- In the meantime, fry the chickpeas and kale with some coconut oil for a few minutes.
- Then when the quinoa and sweet potato are finished cooking, add them to the pan and mix everything together.
- Then add the paprika, turmeric and onion salt and mix again. Then you are finished!
- Simply put it in an air-tight tupperware and take it into UNI or work!
Hope you like it! If you make it, make sure to tag me in your creations on instagram using @whygowithout and #whygowithout so I can see them. Happy cooking!