Here is the recipe I promised you all for my spicy cannelini beans, a nice twist on the classic baked beans on toast, and still cheap! It is really easy and quick and goes great with some eggs in the morning.
This recipe is for two servings, and it keeps in the fridge well for a few days.
- 1 tin drained cannellini beans (240g)
- 150g cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 250g passata
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Place the olive oil in a frying pan and add the chopped garlic, fry for 1-2 mins on a medium heat
- Add the chopped tomatoes, chilli flakes and cannellini beans, fry for another 5 minutes, until the tomatoes have softened
- Add the passata, the amount I’ve given is just a guideline as I know some people may prefer their beans with more or less liquid than others!
- Stir all the ingredients together for a further minute and then add salt and pepper to your liking
- Pop it on some toast and enjoy!
Thank you for reading and I hope you like it! If you make it I would love to see so please tag me @whygowithout or use #whygowithout on your instagram post 🙂