One of my favourite meals is fish and chips, especially the deep friend loveliness from my local take away. However, this is an unhealthy option. On occasion I will allow myself it as a nice treat, but normally this is my go to alternative: A roasted salmon fillet with some paprika spiced sweet potato fries and veg on the side.
- Boneless Salmon fillet
- 1 medium sweet potato (around 200g)
- Mixed herbs
- Smoked Paprika
- Coconut oil
- Any veg of your choice! Sautéed, steamed or boiled…
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees (fan)
- Clean your sweet potato under a running tap. I prefer to leave the skin on for my fries but if you prefer, peel the potato.
- Then cut the sweet potato in two and then into chips (size of your choosing, I normally like mine around 1cm in width).
- Place the chips on an oven tray and then drizzle some melted coconut oil on them and then generously season with smoked paprika and some salt.
- Then place the chips in the oven.
- In the meantime, prepare the fish. Take it out the packet and season with some mixed herbs, spreading them evenly over the salmon fillet.
- Wait a few minutes and then place in the oven.
- Leave it to cook for 20-25 minutes. Salmon is quite an oily fish so it shouldn’t dry out so wait to see when the chips are starting to brown and then it should all be ready to eat!
- I love to eat my fries with some light mayo, they really are delicious. Enjoy!